Multiple hierarchies in UIMap RRS feed

• Question

• I am testing against a Silverlight application and have noticed that I get new UIMap hierarchies each time I record something. I found out that Source and Page URL are recorded as properties, and in this case they contain unique id:s. So, I changed these properties to "Contains" instead of "Equal" and removed the id:s. Still I get new windows recorded each time. Anyone knows why? I've checked so that both Filter properties and Search properties should match new recordings.

Monday, February 21, 2011 9:42 AM

Answers

• You are right in identifying the reason - The Source and PageUrl properties contain unique IDs and they change for every session of your recording.

Changing the property expression to CONTAINS will only help in playback when you run the test. Unfortunately, this won't help while recording.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Please mark this post as answer if this answers your question
    Monday, February 21, 2011 2:17 PM

All replies

• You are right in identifying the reason - The Source and PageUrl properties contain unique IDs and they change for every session of your recording.

Changing the property expression to CONTAINS will only help in playback when you run the test. Unfortunately, this won't help while recording.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Monday, February 21, 2011 2:17 PM
  • Ok, so there is no real solution to this? Given a lot of recording my UIMap will be cluttered with windows/objects. I guess one solution is to add all objects to the UImap and then write the tests manually?
    Monday, February 21, 2011 2:24 PM
  • Yeah, thats one solution if you are building a considerably big framework or test project. That will help in easy maintenance and modularizing certain utility methods.
    Monday, February 21, 2011 3:37 PM