This API is not supported for this application type - Api=1. Module=xaudio2_8.dll RRS feed

Answers

• I was able to submit today!  :)  They got a temporary fix in to unblock people, and have a more permanent solution that will be deployed next week sometime.
    • Marked as answer by RJS123 Thursday, June 5, 2014 9:47 PM
    Thursday, May 29, 2014 4:09 AM

All replies

• Hi Randy,

Please post a simple sample that shows this issue to OneDrive.

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

@jsandersrocks - Windows Store Developer Solutions @WSDevSol
    Getting Started With Windows Azure Mobile Services development? Click here
    Getting Started With Windows Phone or Store app development? Click here
    My Team Blog: Windows Store & Phone Developer Solutions
    My Blog: Http Client Protocol Issues (and other fun stuff I support)

Monday, May 19, 2014 11:48 AM
  • Jeff,

I am not sure what would represent a simple sample.  The problem is when I submit the app to the store it is failing the certification.  I could post the app package if you can let me know how to do so securely.

Thanks,

Randy

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 12:28 AM
  • Hi Randy,

Yes you can securely upload your information by going to the dashboard and choosing to create a support case.   Your data will be securely transmitted and we will follow our data retention policies in support.

Jeff

Jeff Sanders (MSFT)

@jsandersrocks - Windows Store Developer Solutions @WSDevSol
    Getting Started With Windows Azure Mobile Services development? Click here
    Getting Started With Windows Phone or Store app development? Click here
    My Team Blog: Windows Store & Phone Developer Solutions
    My Blog: Http Client Protocol Issues (and other fun stuff I support)

Wednesday, May 21, 2014 1:01 PM
  • Hey Randy, I was hitting this issue as well.  Long story short, I managed to get ahold of the team responsible for the Windows Phone 8.1 certification pipeline this morning, and it turns out it is an environment issue on the validation server.  There should be a temporary workaround in place sometime in the next couple of days (hopefully tomorrow 5/23).

A few more details in case you're interested (purely my interpretation of the aforementioned discussion):

When your dll binds by ordinal to xaudio8_2.dll (as it does), the Windows App Certification Kit sees this and attempts to resolve the ordinal to a named export method (in this case Api=1 would equate to XAudio2Create) by examining the local copy of that dll within the certification environment.  Now, the issue is that since Windows Phone 8.1 is still in developer preview, the validation server environment is still relatively new (read clean, read vanilla)... and by default, server SKUs do not ship with the xaudio2_8.dll.  Therefore, since the WACK can't find that dll to dump its exports, it is unable to resolve the ordinal and therefore rejects it on the grounds that unresolvable ordinals are indicative of unsupported APIs.  The fix server side is to ensure that the xaudio2_8.dll is present in the validation environment, which they are presently looking into doing.

So basically, just give it a few more days and try your submission again (I will too).  This is why they do previews.  :)

Friday, May 23, 2014 1:43 AM
  • Thank you very much for letting us know!

Randy

Friday, May 23, 2014 3:10 AM
  • Yep, no problem.  Unfortunately they didn't get the fix in yesterday (Friday), so the new date for having this fixed is likely 5/27 (Tuesday).
    Sunday, May 25, 2014 4:18 AM
  • I have the same problem!

Hope MS can fix this issue as soon as posible!

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 11:24 AM
  • I was able to submit today!  :)  They got a temporary fix in to unblock people, and have a more permanent solution that will be deployed next week sometime.
    • Marked as answer by RJS123 Thursday, June 5, 2014 9:47 PM
    Thursday, May 29, 2014 4:09 AM
  • I was also able to successfully submit my app - Thank you all!

Randy

Thursday, June 5, 2014 9:47 PM