Hanging in Windows 8

Question

• Hi every one , I have ASUS K50ID , I downloaded Windows developer preview ( Windows 8 ) on September 14 , and then I installed it it worked correctly but after every one hour it hanged . I forgot Windows 8 and came back to Windows 7 . after a month I give my CD to my friend who had IBM Lenovo . He installed it and all of his drivers worked correctly without installing . I installed Windows 8 again on my own PC and Installed all of my drivers ( it didn't detect automatically ) , and it hanged again . until last night . It worked perfectly , It worked for 5 hours , then I put it in stand by mode , after 30 minutes I resumed it and started Windows 8 . but it hanged after resuming.

I don't know exactly what's the problem , but I think it's my Hard Disk problem . Do you have any solution for this ? I search all of the IT forums but I couldn't get any help of them .

Sunday, January 1, 2012 9:51 AM

Answers

All replies

• When a PC hang it could be due to several hardware or software related issue. It could be hardware problem or compatibility problem. You could take a look at event viewer and see what happens during the time that your PC hang or try to uninstall your driver and load them one by one and then restart your PC and see if hang or not and if it was fine proceed with next one to find out which one cause hang.

If windows ask to send more detail about problem please do so, also run disk checking in your PC.

If you are downloading driver , try troubleshoot compatibility issue:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/troubleshoot-compatibility-issues-in-windows-8-developer-preview.aspx

Sunday, January 1, 2012 3:08 PM
  • Thank you , now I'm in Windows 8 and I got that when I open Yahoo Messenger Windows hangs , I uninstalled it and it didn't hang again , I can playing in Windows 8 now and it doesn't hang , but I hope doesn't hang again ...
    Sunday, January 1, 2012 6:52 PM
  • It is pre-Beta version of Windows and as Windows is going under development process such issues will fix. Make sure to report all issues if Windows ask you to do so.
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 12:26 PM