Web site frame template sample RRS feed

• Question

• User1505963137 posted

Dear all,

I need to build a Web content manager which will read/write data in an SQL databse.I am coming from Desktop word so not so familar with web app.

In order to not re invent the real and get something done faster, I am looking for any template or ready sample which present defautl functionnality of a web page with data base acess like :

- Good looking base UI that I can customize

- Define user login to access different page level

Does such ready sample exist ? that will help me to start from something

Note that the final solution will be published on Azure

Thanks for help

Thursday, November 7, 2013 12:15 PM

All replies

• User-983437161 posted

Hi,

you can used the asp.net mvc template or asp.net web application template which fits to your requirement of login access, good UI and customisable and can be deployed to Azure using the cloud project with out any major changes to you application code.

ASP.NET MVC: http://www.asp.net/mvc/tutorials/mvc-4/getting-started-with-aspnet-mvc4/intro-to-aspnet-mvc-4

ASP.NET Web Application: http://webproject.scottgu.com/CSharp/HelloWorld/HelloWorld.aspx

Deployment to Azure: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windowsazure/hh420322.aspx

Thanks,
    Sahas

Friday, November 8, 2013 2:46 PM
  • User1505963137 posted

Thnaks for your reply.

Based on the UI design of web page, I need to configured from a databse different types of collection like Cutsomers, Product Categories, Product Sub categories, etcc.
    For each of those I will have a detail page with all parameters to fillup.

Based on that how wold you go to offer such configuration to web user, will you represent them as Tree nodes, data grid or is there better modern approach ?

For exemple:

If I need to to create a new customer I will have to :

Click on a kind of create user button to display his properties and then fill up properties. When done a Save button will store data to database.
    Then the bew user will be then visible in a list.

Interface must be smart, modern, an intuitive. I am coming from Desktop world not so famillar with web

thanks

Saturday, November 9, 2013 1:04 PM
  • User-801004448 posted

If I need to to create a new customer I will have to :

Click on a kind of create user button to display his properties and then fill up properties. When done a Save button will store data to database.
    Then the bew user will be then visible in a list.

Interface must be smart, modern, an intuitive. I am coming from Desktop world not so famillar with web

It's a long way to learn and develop an Asp.net website with professional look and functionality.

I don't think it can be achieved in the scope of forum help from public and even moderators.

There is no template with specific features as you mentioned that you can use to develop your website from scratch.

Of course you can consider CMS like dotnetnuke and customize template, add modules ... to create new site.

Sunday, November 10, 2013 11:16 PM