none
List of Win 8.1 Precision Touchpad Registry Keys to Disable Backwards Z Enable/Disable and Two Finger Zoom RRS feed

• Question

• Sorry if I'm in the wrong forum.  I was looking for a Win 8.1 forum and could no longer find it.

I have a Dell Inspirion 15, model 7548 with a touchpad.  No driver installed so I believe Windows 8.1 is using the Precision Touchpad built in software.  My issues are when I'm browsing the touchpad disables itself.  I've found an obscure reference once that said a Z or backwards Z like a 2 will disable and enable the touchpad.  So if I accidentally scroll incorrectly and disable the touchpad I've been able to hit the Window button, get to the desktop, then type Z or backwards Z until my cursor comes back, then hit window button to get back to Mozilla FireFox and continue to browse the web.  As you might guess this is extremely irritating and I've been doing this since I figured it out after purchasing the laptop in 2015.  I would like to disable enable/disable gesture.

My second issue is when I'm using Adobe Reader to view a pdf, or using an eMagazine or eNewspaper in my browser on the web, then many times the two finger zoom will zoom the page while scrolling up or down.  This causes me to change the size the font and loose my place while trying to read.  Its worse than my children ever were when we used to read a real paper newspaper.  I would like to disable two finger zoom.  Again I've put up with this since 2015.

So I found another article that discusses editing the registry for the precision touchpad and I'm hoping that there are magic secret keys I may use to disable both the Enable/Disable and the Zoom gestures.  The mouse/touchpad application is extremely lacking and does not have entries for these gesture "features". 

Note the Dell also has a touchscreen that I never use as I don't want fingerprints on my high res screen. 

Thank you;

Wednesday, October 18, 2017 1:01 PM