Kinect with Surface Book? RRS feed

• Question

• I cannot get my Microsoft Surface Book (i7 w/16 GB / 512 GB) to recognize an attached Kinectv2.  It did recognize when I plugged the device in and the Operating System loaded the driver.
    Wednesday, December 9, 2015 10:15 PM

All replies

• I'm having similar issue with the i5 8GB 256GB dGPU Surface Book. Once I've installed the Kinect 2.0 SDK, I run the HW verifier, and make it all the way through (with an Warning on the USB 3.0), but can not get data streams from the device. It seems to be a USB 3.0 issue from other posts I've seen.

Javiben

Wednesday, March 23, 2016 2:41 PM
  • Has anyone solved this? I just bought a book for HoloLens development and I am trying to use Kinect for texture mapping. when I plug the Kinect into my book I get "not enough resources" I have no other usb devices plugged in.
    Monday, June 27, 2016 2:46 PM
  • My Kinect finally connected, I happened to go back and try it and it worked, but no effort on my part.  Keeping min mind the almost weekly, or so it seems, updates from Microsoft, any one of those could have solved my problem.  Now, even with what might the surface book near the top of performance (i7 w/16 GB / 512 GB), the frame rate is still too slow to be effective. 
    • Proposed as answer by Yanis Lukes Sunday, July 10, 2016 11:40 AM
    Wednesday, June 29, 2016 12:13 AM
  • Is your setup still working? I can't get mine to see the Kinect.
    Friday, August 12, 2016 5:37 AM
  • I'm in the same boat, the config tool reports a USB 3 warning, my driver for usb is up to date.

Sunday, October 16, 2016 7:58 PM
  • I have the same problem.
    Tuesday, December 13, 2016 8:39 PM
  • It works now, I just restarted my surface.
    Tuesday, December 13, 2016 8:53 PM
  • Any idea how this started working all of a sudden? I've restarted a ton of times and it has not installed :(
    Tuesday, August 29, 2017 5:31 PM