none
Visual Studio Community 2019 installation RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed Visual Studio Community 2019. But I am getting the License error. Please help me to resolve the issue.
    Thursday, June 20, 2019 2:35 PM

All replies

• Even if you get a license error, there should always be the option to check for an updated license on the account screen.

Try clicking that.

This is a signature. Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

Thursday, June 20, 2019 2:54 PM
  • Hi ProlayC,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Could you please share the detail error that you met? That will help us analysis this issue.

The VS community 2019 is free version and it requires us sign in with our Microsoft account to unlock it after 30 days.

If you cannot sign in VS with the right Microsoft account, please have a try with the following:

1. Close VS 2019 and delete the folder C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\.IdentityService, restart VS to test
    2. Open the default browser IE11 and access https://login.microsoftonline.com, make sure you can sign in with the same Microsoft account
    3. Open VS and click Help-Send Feedback-Report a problem…, login it from there

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, June 21, 2019 2:30 AM
  • Hi ProlayC,

Do you have any updates? If you still cannot get or update the license, please share the error message in here.

If this issue is solved, we are welcome you share the solution or mark the helpful reply, that will help other community members and we can close this thread for you, thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Tuesday, June 25, 2019 5:28 AM