none
Surprising Excel Template RRS feed

• Question

• When I create a new excel spreadsheet from Microsoft's 'Gantt project planner' template, one of the Conditional Formatting rule's Border Style listbox is empty. Is this an error with the template?

(In Excel 2013 / Create spreadsheet from the 'Gantt project planner' template / Select one or more cells in range $I$9:$BP$34 / Home tab / Styles section / Conditional Formatting button / Manage Rules menu item / select last Rule (with white background) / Edit Rule / Format button / Border tab)

I'm on the team maintaining our application that renders ooxml to bitmap and other formats.

Friday, November 6, 2015 7:12 PM

Answers

• The border color was set to white so the Border styles were invisible. And I couldn't change the color because you have to deselect any border positions (e.g. top) first.
    • Edited by Howard Rubin Friday, November 6, 2015 7:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Howard Rubin Friday, November 6, 2015 7:57 PM
    Friday, November 6, 2015 7:50 PM

All replies

• The border color was set to white so the Border styles were invisible. And I couldn't change the color because you have to deselect any border positions (e.g. top) first.
    • Edited by Howard Rubin Friday, November 6, 2015 7:57 PM
    • Marked as answer by Howard Rubin Friday, November 6, 2015 7:57 PM
    Friday, November 6, 2015 7:50 PM
  • Hi Howard,

Thanks for sharing your solution.

Regards

Starain

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, November 9, 2015 3:19 AM