none
Biztalk Server 2009 - Stop a file from processing when it has already started RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a  way to stop a file from running after it has already started processing? Can you please outline the steps?

Files were accidentally picked up by the server that did not need to process. With our lag in processing these large volume files, we need to kill the job but are not sure how and do not know what the repercussions would be if we did.

Let me know and thanks so much!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011 2:34 PM

Answers

• The best way is to stop the corresponding orchestation instance in the BizTalk. I believe you must be having an orchestration since it is a large file. And you are correct that stopping Host Instance will suspend all the other message processing.
    Best Regards, Vishnu
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 8:39 PM

All replies

• The best way to stop them is to terminate them from the group overview page.
    Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 7:13 PM
  • Are you talking about stopping the host instance? How do we delete the file after we terminate? Is that done in the database? We don't want to ruin any previous transactions or present a new problem when we try to start again with new data.
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 7:33 PM
  • The best way is to stop the corresponding orchestation instance in the BizTalk. I believe you must be having an orchestration since it is a large file. And you are correct that stopping Host Instance will suspend all the other message processing.
    Best Regards, Vishnu
    Tuesday, April 19, 2011 8:39 PM