none
.net framework 4 does not install RRS feed

• Question

• hi im having troble installing .net framework 4 i had it on my pc before but uninstalled it because a program i use stopped working and thought that was the problem so after i did i tried to reinstall it and here is wher ethe problems started it would start installing and about half way through it goes through a rollback process and after says it did not install i have got the client one to install nut not the extended one does anyone know how to fix this?
    • Moved by Min Zhu Monday, September 26, 2011 9:28 AM (From:.NET Base Class Library)
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 8:44 PM

Answers

• Hi Name11mt,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

Could you please let me know your Windows version and Service Pack level?

I recommend you download standalone version of .NET Framework 4 from: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=17718

Before you begin to install it, please clean up %temp% folder and complete all Windows updates. Make sure all antivirus and antispyware are turned off during the installation. Also, run setup file as administrator.

If you encounter any error during the installation, please use this tool to collect the logs: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=12493

After you run it, you can upload vslogs.cab located in %temp% folder to an open website or send it to me (v-alsun_at_microsoft_dot_com).

If you have any other concerns, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

Alexander Sun [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

• Edited by Alexander Sun Monday, September 26, 2011 9:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Alexander Sun Thursday, September 29, 2011 3:13 AM
    Monday, September 26, 2011 9:54 AM

All replies