none
printing using RDLC questions RRS feed

• Question

• I want to print using RDLC on a preprinted forms/invoices and i have some questions..

1. How can I print on a specefic locagtion on the preprinted form/invoice?
    2. If I am using the dot matrix printer, how can move the paper up and down while printing?

Jassim Rahma
    Tuesday, September 23, 2008 8:16 AM

Answers

• This may help concerning placement:
    If you are using a ReportViewer, you can set the margins before printing using the dialogs available from the toolbar(I can't say anything more specific unless I know if this is a WinForm or a WebForm. Otherwise, you can use a LocalReport.Render method to get an image which can be sent to a printer. You can set the margins in the device info of the render method. See GetReportViewer.com for a printing example.

As far as dot matrix printers are concerned, I have no idea and you should really find another resource. Perhaps the printer manufacturer? Sorry I can not be of more help.

Nick Allen, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, September 23, 2008 8:13 PM

All replies

• This may help concerning placement:
    If you are using a ReportViewer, you can set the margins before printing using the dialogs available from the toolbar(I can't say anything more specific unless I know if this is a WinForm or a WebForm. Otherwise, you can use a LocalReport.Render method to get an image which can be sent to a printer. You can set the margins in the device info of the render method. See GetReportViewer.com for a printing example.

As far as dot matrix printers are concerned, I have no idea and you should really find another resource. Perhaps the printer manufacturer? Sorry I can not be of more help.

Nick Allen, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties and confers no rights.
    Tuesday, September 23, 2008 8:13 PM
  • thanks. one more more question plz..

where can i find good books about using RDLC with C#?

Jassim Rahma
    Thursday, September 25, 2008 7:12 AM