none
How many Applications in BizTalk 2009 Standard Edition RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

does anybody know how many applications I can use with the standard edition of BizTalk 2009? In the licensing information I can see the are "Five applications allowed". But when I start the BizTalk admin console there are already two applications ("BizTalk.System" and "BizTalk EDI Application"). So can I eventually use only 3 applications or are there all in all 7 applications allowed?

Thanks for your help!

Friday, April 16, 2010 12:16 PM

Answers

• BizTalk std version supports 7 applications include System and EDI Application. we installed std version on DEV box so over there we have the below applications.

BizTalk.System
    BizTalk EDI Application
    Application1
    Application2
    Application3
    Application4
    Application5

If you want to create one more application then you will get error as "The number of application in this group has reached the maximumn number allowed in this BizTalk edition"

Thanks, Raja
    Monday, April 19, 2010 10:47 AM

All replies

• I believe that you can have up to 5 "User" apps with BizTalk Standard. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

Brad

Friday, April 16, 2010 2:05 PM
  •  

Yes Brad is right. Check the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/biztalk/en/us/pricing-licensing.aspx

-SHR

Friday, April 16, 2010 5:11 PM
  • I am pretty sure "BizTalk.System" and "BizTalk EDI Application" do not count as "User" applications.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Friday, April 16, 2010 8:35 PM
  • BizTalk std version supports 7 applications include System and EDI Application. we installed std version on DEV box so over there we have the below applications.

BizTalk.System
    BizTalk EDI Application
    Application1
    Application2
    Application3
    Application4
    Application5

If you want to create one more application then you will get error as "The number of application in this group has reached the maximumn number allowed in this BizTalk edition"

Thanks, Raja
    Monday, April 19, 2010 10:47 AM
  • Alright, thank you very much for your answers!
    Monday, April 19, 2010 12:01 PM
  • Hi,

can I use the same box for Dev and Test environments? Say if I added a application, could I configure it to point to a different database server?

any ideas/suggestions are welcome.

Regards,

mike 

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 1:36 PM
  • No you cannot. 

For development machines you can always install the BizTalk developer edition...

Regards,

Pieter

Wednesday, May 19, 2010 2:00 PM