RDS user CALs license RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We  are using Azure domain service and a number of VMs running and joined to the domain services domain. We have set up RDS user CALs license on the VM which will be our licensing server. For the license server to release RDS user cals it needs to be part of 'Terminal Server License servers' group . However we are unable to make this VM part of the 'Terminal Server License servers' group . Please advise on what steps to take.

Can this assignment be done on the Azure AD and will it automatically sync or what options do I have?

Thank You

• Moved by Loydon Mendonca Wednesday, June 14, 2017 2:57 AM Close enough to Azure VM forums question
    Tuesday, June 13, 2017 3:15 PM

All replies

• This question could be best answered on the Remote Desktop Services forums. Although the application is on Azure VMs, the RDS cals are something which can be used by customers on Azure. I suggest you post this query in the link mentioned above. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Do click on "Mark as Answer" on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 2:56 AM
  • This is a known limitation of using Azure AD DS with RDS. The last I heard the workaround was to us per user mode licencing, which is not enforced at the licence server and do your licence reporting manually.

Sam Cogan Microsoft Azure MVP
    Blog | Twitter

Wednesday, June 14, 2017 9:06 AM