Saving Json file from web site on the project

Question

• Hello,

i would like to save a json file on my project which is content of web site. Should I use HttpClient?

Monday, August 25, 2014 1:37 PM

Answers

• Hi Olka ,

Yes, You have to use HttpClient and save it in isolated storage. otherwise you will have to worry about callbak methods.

Here is my post about httpclient and here for isolated storage

Hope that helps ,
    Please don't forget to up vote answers you like or which help you and mark one(s) which answer your question.

---------------------------------------

M Prabath Maduranga Peiris
    Microsoft Student Partner
    Blogs : prabathsl.blogspot.com

Monday, August 25, 2014 6:20 PM
  • Hi Olka,

You did not mention what platform are you working with, with Windows Store or Windows Phone.

Prabath's solution is for Windows Phone. Windows Store App is more like the same, but we do not have isolate storage, we have StorageFile instead.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, September 5, 2014 9:52 AM

All replies

• Hi Olka ,

Yes, You have to use HttpClient and save it in isolated storage. otherwise you will have to worry about callbak methods.

Here is my post about httpclient and here for isolated storage

Hope that helps ,
    Please don't forget to up vote answers you like or which help you and mark one(s) which answer your question.

---------------------------------------

M Prabath Maduranga Peiris
    Microsoft Student Partner
    Blogs : prabathsl.blogspot.com

Monday, August 25, 2014 6:20 PM
  • Hi Olka,

You did not mention what platform are you working with, with Windows Store or Windows Phone.

Prabath's solution is for Windows Phone. Windows Store App is more like the same, but we do not have isolate storage, we have StorageFile instead.

--James

<THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, September 5, 2014 9:52 AM