none
.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 RRS feed

• Question

• SQL Server 2008 was released yesterday which includes .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 (3.5.30729.01). Is this the RTM version of 3.5 SP1? If so, where is standalone installation?
    Thursday, August 7, 2008 2:25 PM

Answers

•  

Hi, again,

I have got the confirmation from the SQL Server 2008 developing team and I am glad to tell you that it is .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 RTM version released together with SQL Server 2008. 

Just several hours ago, Microsoft released the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 RTM on Internet.   You could also download it here.

For the installation standalone for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, I think you could refer to this article of Aaron Stebner, who is an expert of .NET Framework setup and installation.

.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and Visual Studio 2008 SP1 downloaded and troubleshooting links

Any more questions, please be free to let me know.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Lingzhi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Tuesday, August 12, 2008 4:09 AM

All replies

• I was wondering this as well.
    Friday, August 8, 2008 5:36 PM
  •  

Hi,

For SQL Server 2008 is quite a newly-released product of Microsoft, I have not installed it on my side.   Also, after searching on the Internet, I did not find any official articles from Microsoft, confirming the .NET Framework released with SQL Server 2008 is a RTM version of .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.    However, I have consulted this with the product team and I will let you know as soon as I got the answer.

In addition, what I can confirm is when installing SQL Server 2008, we may need Visual Studio 2008 SP1 installed, if we are going to do some development with Visual Studio 2008 together with SQL Server 2008.   Additional information, please refer to this Microsoft support article.

For more information, we could refer to Nick MacKechnie’s blog.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Lingzhi

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Monday, August 11, 2008 9:57 AM
  •  

Hi, again,

I have got the confirmation from the SQL Server 2008 developing team and I am glad to tell you that it is .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 RTM version released together with SQL Server 2008. 

Just several hours ago, Microsoft released the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 RTM on Internet.   You could also download it here.

For the installation standalone for .NET Framework 3.5 SP1, I think you could refer to this article of Aaron Stebner, who is an expert of .NET Framework setup and installation.

.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 and Visual Studio 2008 SP1 downloaded and troubleshooting links

Any more questions, please be free to let me know.

Thanks,

Best Regards,

Lingzhi

Tuesday, August 12, 2008 4:09 AM