Windows Developer Preview laptop brightness is dim on a Dual Boot with Windows 7

Question

• my laptop, hp pavilion g4 1200-tx. currently im using windows 7 home basic genuine. i installed windows 8 developer preview(dual os).on booting my laptop brightness seems to very dim.nearly zero.later i managed to enter windows 8 from  the booting menu.but still have the same problem.then i turned off my pc and entered to windows 7 homebasic.no problem occured.it seems to work nice. please help me to solve this issue.. 
    Monday, December 05, 2011 3:32 PM

All replies

• Hi Balabarath,

please try to install all the updates, manually, by going to the Control Panel- More Settings- System and Security- Windows update-Check for updates. Install all the updates-Restart your system. Go to the Device Manager via Right-Clicking Computer- Manage-Device Manager- See if there are any issue devices marked by small yellow balloons- if there are any, try to manually update their drivers from the device manager or alternatively, seeking the manufacturer's site for the latest Windows7 drivers. Please post back the result.

Irfan
    Monday, December 05, 2011 4:36 PM
  • Thnx Irfanfare.I have already installed all the drivers upto date including intel and ati radeon graphics.. After entering into windows 8 (64-bit) ,somehow i managed to install the graphics driver manually in the low brightness screen.It worked,the display changed to a normal brightness.But when i restart the windows 8,the same problem occurs. 
    • Edited by Balabarath Wednesday, December 21, 2011 5:54 PM
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 4:56 PM
  • Hi again Balabarath,

I think AMD has released WDP drivers for most of its recent graphics, perhaps yours is Radeon HD 6470M. You may select your country on the HP site and see if they have released WDP compatible drivers for your product. Try increasing your monitor's brightness using the buttons on it, till you get the display to your satisfaction through the right drivers. If you do not get the drivers tailor made for WDP, try those meant for Windows7.

Irfan
    Wednesday, December 21, 2011 5:57 PM