none
azure monitoring RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

we have one question we have one vm hosted in azure do not have Insight enable.

and while creation we do not enable log and diagnostic are off.so question is why we are able to see this

can anyone tell from where the matrix are coming as attach

monitoring is coming from where

Thanks

DJM

• Edited by DilipJM Wednesday, January 15, 2020 10:19 AM
    Tuesday, January 14, 2020 12:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Dilip,

Exploring metrics requires Microsoft.Insights resource provider, go to your Subscription > Resource providers and check if Microsoft.Insights has been registered.

I think you can also refer to Sources of Azure Monitor Metrics:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/azure/azure-monitor/platform/data-platform-metrics

Eric

Wednesday, January 15, 2020 11:26 AM
  • Hi Eric,

thank you for the reply.

so if i unregistered then this metric will not come.

also since it is registered currently can by any chance how i can monitor the Ram and disk size which default metric give.

iam trying to understand does any one need Insight to enable the monitoring if we want to capture our custom KPI.

such as Ram size,HD size in most of the document i read we have to use Insights to enable this which will have log anlaytic workspace and here we can request to insert the data for which we can query(kusto lang) to get the data which we are looking for.

Thanks

Dilip

Thursday, January 16, 2020 10:38 AM
  • Hi Dilip

"so if i unregistered then this metric will not come."

- I didn't try this myself, I'm not sure what to expect.

"also since it is registered currently can by any chance how i can monitor the Ram and disk size which default metric give."
    - I think you'll need Insights for RAM monitoring. Performance data is collected by the Log Analytics agent. Memory meter is not available in default metrics, I'm not sure why, best to check with Azure expert.

"i read we have to use Insights to enable this which will have log anlaytic workspace and here we can request to insert the data for which we can query(kusto lang) to get the data which we are looking for."
    - Based on my experience, this is correct.
    Monday, January 20, 2020 4:43 PM