Admin problems RRS feed

• Question

• User296657278 posted

Hi,

I have installed the club starter kit and it looks fine, however when I try to log in as admin nothing happens. I am usiing Admin and 1.admin.1 as username and pass.

Am I not doing something right here?

Many thanks 

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 5:23 PM

Answers

• User-80939892 posted

You can create the administrator member without using the club website ‘create user’ page. VS2005 express ASP.NET Configuration functionality will create the user in your projects target database.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

The ASP.NET Configuration screen in vs2005 includes functionality to create roles and members as well as adding members to roles. It will create roles and members in the target database for the currently loaded project. (gets db information from the web.config file). First load your project into vs2005. Then select the “Website” menu item in vs2005 and then the select “ASP.NET Configuration”. Follow the on-screen dialog. <o:p></o:p>

Note that the member will be created in the ASP.NET user tables. You can log into the site with the newly added member but it will not show up on the members list page in the club website members table. <o:p></o:p>

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, March 22, 2007 6:21 PM

All replies

• User-80939892 posted

You might try creating a new user with an Administrators role using vs2005... From the Website menu item select ASP.NET Configuration.

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 8:03 PM
  • User296657278 posted

I am not really too sure what you mean by that. I am using Visual Web Developer 2005 Express. I can create a new user but where do i go to give him an admin role?

Thanks 

Thursday, March 22, 2007 4:20 AM
  • User-80939892 posted

You can create the administrator member without using the club website ‘create user’ page. VS2005 express ASP.NET Configuration functionality will create the user in your projects target database.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

The ASP.NET Configuration screen in vs2005 includes functionality to create roles and members as well as adding members to roles. It will create roles and members in the target database for the currently loaded project. (gets db information from the web.config file). First load your project into vs2005. Then select the “Website” menu item in vs2005 and then the select “ASP.NET Configuration”. Follow the on-screen dialog. <o:p></o:p>

Note that the member will be created in the ASP.NET user tables. You can log into the site with the newly added member but it will not show up on the members list page in the club website members table. <o:p></o:p>

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Thursday, March 22, 2007 6:21 PM
  • User296657278 posted
    Thanks alot! That works perfectly.
    Sunday, March 25, 2007 1:12 PM