none
Package Manager Console Errors

Question

• After installed Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise with Update 3 on my Windows 10 Enterprise (version 1511, build 10586.104). When I started the IDE,  I received the following errors in package manager console. I found out on the internet that the same problem appeared before on different Visual Studio versions. However, I've tried a couple of solutions suggested without any luck. This seems a new problem with the latest Visual Studio/Windows 10. Any suggestions on how to fix it?

The following error occurred while loading the extended type data file: Microsoft.PowerShell.Core, C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\types.ps1xml(3007) : Error in type "System.Security.AccessControl.ObjectSecurity": Exception: The getter method should be public, non void, static, and have one parameter of type PSObject.
    The following error occurred while loading the extended type data file: Microsoft.PowerShell.Core, C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\types.ps1xml(3014) : Error in type "System.Security.AccessControl.ObjectSecurity": Exception: The getter method should be public, non void, static, and have one parameter of type PSObject.
    The following error occurred while loading the extended type data file: Microsoft.PowerShell.Core, C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\types.ps1xml(3021) : Error in type "System.Security.AccessControl.ObjectSecurity": Exception: The getter method should be public, non void, static, and have one parameter of type PSObject.
    The following error occurred while loading the extended type data file: Microsoft.PowerShell.Core, C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\types.ps1xml(3028) : Error in type "System.Security.AccessControl.ObjectSecurity": Exception: The getter method should be public, non void, static, and have one parameter of type PSObject.
    The following error occurred while loading the extended type data file: Microsoft.PowerShell.Core, C:\Windows\SysWOW64\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\types.ps1xml(3035) : Error in type "System.Security.AccessControl.ObjectSecurity": Exception: The getter method should be public, non void, static, and have one parameter of type PSObject.
    The term 'Get-ExecutionPolicy' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.

Friday, September 9, 2016 3:55 PM

All replies

• see -is this related to above issues?.

https://github.com/NuGet/Home/issues/2686

Regards, S_NO "_"

Sunday, September 11, 2016 12:27 PM
  • It referred to a problem of Windows 10 prior to build 10586.63. My Windows 10 version is build 10586.104.
    Monday, September 12, 2016 2:25 PM
  • Hi,

The Package Manager Console works fine on my Windows 10 Enterprise (Version 1511, build 10586.545) in Visual Studio Enterprise 2015 with Update 3. So please check whether there has any updates for your Windows to update your Windows.

In order to make sure there doesn't have any installation issue on Package Console Manager when installing Visual Studio, I suggest you uninstall and reinstall the NuGet Package Manager for Visual Studio 2015 through the Tools -> Extensions and Updates -> Installed.

In addition, based on the error message, there has any problem when loading "Microsoft.PowerShell.Core". I suggest you repair your Visual Studio to check whether there has any installation issue when installing the Microsoft.PowerShell.Core assembly.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, September 13, 2016 9:35 AM
  • Updated to Windows 10 10586.589. The problem is still there. Also tried different versions of Nuget and Visual Studio 2015 without the updates. No luck.
    Friday, September 23, 2016 4:35 PM
  • Hi,

>> Also tried different versions of Nuget and Visual Studio 2015 without the updates.

So your Visual Studio 2015 is not installed any updates, is it right? I suggest you install the latest Update for your Visual Studio 2015, because there are lots of bugs fixed in latest Update for Visual Studio 2015. You could get it from below link.

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/news/releasenotes/vs2015-update3-vs

And do you have tried repair your Visual Studio? It can help us check whether there has any installation issue on Visual Studio.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, September 26, 2016 2:30 AM