none
ActiveX controls "Date and Timepicker Control" not found RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have some VBA forms, using "Microsoft Date and Time Picker contral". Now I have implemented this macros on a client's computer with windows 7 and installed MSP 2010, but the activeX components are not installed. The file mscomct2.ocx cannot be found in folder C:\window\system32 on client's computer. Copying the file from my computer to the client ones did not help.

Where can I download this activeX components, how to install?

Kind regards
    Hartmut

Hartmut
    Thursday, May 12, 2011 11:41 AM

All replies

• Hello Hartmut,

Please try this:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms838667.aspx

Download 622-CF.exe

Thanks,

Amit Khare

Thursday, May 12, 2011 11:48 AM
  • Hello Amit,

thank for this link. It improved my understanding but did not solve my problem.

I never installed my VBA macros. They are running in MSP 2010 (and earlier versions). Installing Windows, MS-Office and Project imlemented all libraries and controlls I used. My questin is, what do I have to do to install the controll (see above)) I do not know how to create an install programm.

I am searching for a setup programm installing the ActiveX components of Microsoft.

Kind regards
    Hartmut

Hartmut
    Wednesday, May 18, 2011 8:02 PM
  • It appears you have a copy of the file and you know where it is supposed to be placed.  From my understanding, you have copied the file to the presumed correct location, yet Windows does not seem to know the file exists? 

Once the file exists in the proper location, it must be registered with Windows in order to work properly.

Have you tried using Regsvr32 from a command prompt?

C:\>Regsvr32 C:\window\system32\mscomct2.ocx

Here is some additional information on manual registration of an ocx file:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/146219

Jim

If you feel this post answered the question, please vote for it. I am also available here:
    msprojectblog.com
    Friday, May 20, 2011 6:47 PM
  • Hi Jim,

thank you for this tip. Registration of ocx file was successful (following reply of command). But there must be a second issue. I still cannot find the time picker in list of controls in VBA. Perhaps I have to include other libraries. I have to do more researches, but for today I will have holidays for a week.

Thank you
    Hartmut

Hartmut
    Thursday, May 26, 2011 7:30 AM