none
Outlook 365 Add-in and Flash Player RRS feed

• Question

• I'm creating a Outlook 365 Add-in and need to embed a recorder into one of my iframes. This recorder works in Chrome however both IE and Safari don't appear to load the flash player correctly and fails to connect. Is there something that needs to be taken into account for these two browsers?
    Wednesday, October 18, 2017 9:52 PM

All replies

• Hi Human44,

Please make sure IE and Safari support Flash Player.

Enable Adobe Flash Player for Safari - Adobe Support

Enable Flash Player for Internet Explorer - Adobe Support

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 19, 2017 9:47 AM
  • Thanks Terry,

It's only within the Outlook 365 Add-in that flash doesn't work for these browsers. The pages work perfectly fine else where. Chrome can load flash in the Outlook 365 Add-in as well.
    Thursday, October 19, 2017 12:09 PM
  • Hi Human44,

This forum is for development issues when using Outlook Object Model. Flash player is not in Outlook object model or Outlook JS API. For this issues in web applications, I suggest you post on ASP.NET forum: https://forums.asp.net/. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

Terry

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 23, 2017 8:29 AM
  • Hi Human,

>> It's only within the Outlook 365 Add-in that flash doesn't work for these browsers. The pages work perfectly fine else where.

I could not think out any reason which make different results in Outlook.

While enable IE debugging, did you receive any error?

It would be helpful if you could share us a simple project which could reproduce your issue.

Best Regards,

Edward

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 27, 2017 5:19 AM