From Windows Store App, want to retrieve client's windows store account ID

Question

• Hi,

From my Windows Store App, it is possible to retrieve client's Windows Store Account ID programetically who have installed my app from windows store? 

Regards,

Friday, January 09, 2015 5:11 AM

Answers

All replies

• No, as a developer you don't get access to any IDs that would allow you to identify a user in the real world. You only can use IDs like the ANID2 to uniquely identify a certain user. That should be the same across all your Apps but it will be different in Apps by other publishers.
    Friday, January 09, 2015 11:39 AM
  • with the livesdk you can have a nice integrated solution that uses the microsoft account that is used to login windows

Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer - Windows Store Apps Using C#

Friday, January 09, 2015 12:05 PM
  • Ok. Are you talking about this, to get ANID2 form a Windows Store App.

HardwareToken token = HardwareIdentification.GetPackageSpecificToken(null); IBuffer hardwareId = token.Id; HashAlgorithmProvider hasher = HashAlgorithmProvider.OpenAlgorithm("MD5"); IBuffer hashed = hasher.HashData(hardwareId); string uniqueID = CryptographicBuffer.EncodeToHexString(hashed);

If Yes, then I have one question. From a client m/c, say one user download my app and use it. It will have

a uniqueID, will it be same with uniqueID, if user uninstalled this app. Then another user came and installed my app from same m/c with his/her

msdn account and use this app.

• Edited by sansmile Saturday, January 10, 2015 4:25 AM
    Saturday, January 10, 2015 4:24 AM
  • From the code snippet, maybe the same one, because they use the same token id from device in your code. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/windows.system.profile.hardwaretoken.id.aspx.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 1:58 AM