error Publishing Test Results RRS feed

• Question

• I've looked at the other threads but still cannot resolve our problem.

The drop share directory "\\Canyonlands\Eng-Main\Test\Version5\Build Now_20080505.11" could not be accessed

We gave full control to everyone.  I synchronized the time.  but we're still getting this same problem.  any ideas?

Monday, May 5, 2008 4:41 PM

Answers

• FINALLY found the problem.  the drop folder is several folders deep on the TFS server.  some folder in the chain must be missing some security setting.  when we created a new folder from the root of the TFS server and gave it the proper permissions then publishing test results worked just fine...

FYI you must give permission to both TFSSERVICE and NETWORK_SERVICES

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 9:35 PM

All replies

• Try opening the properties of the shared folder. In the properties window, Navigate to the Security tab. Make sure that "Everyone" is on that tab and that the "Everyone" account has Full Control.

If that doesn't help, my only other guess is that the computer name "Canyonlands" is not being resolved by your DNS server correctly. For that you might try putting in the IP address instead of the name (i.e. \\123.23.14.155\share).

Hope that helps,

Jason

Tuesday, May 6, 2008 12:45 PM
  • everyone has full control.  \\canyonlands\ is the TFS server and must be resolved correctly in order to run the build.

Tuesday, May 6, 2008 1:12 PM
  • Just wanted to ensure that you have provided required NTFS permission too besides shared permission. Try to configure permisisons as described in following post and see if that helps. Basically, give WRITE NTFS permisison to both AT and build service accounts on drop folder.

http://blogs.msdn.com/nagarajp/archive/2005/10/19/482885.aspx

Regards

Bhavik

Tuesday, May 6, 2008 10:33 PM
  • Have you dropped the drop and recreated it?

http://forums.microsoft.com/MSDN/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=3267330&SiteID=1

Tim Bassett

Hound Dog Enterprises, LLC

http://ciontfs.com/blogs/tim/

Wednesday, May 7, 2008 11:38 AM
  • was gone last week.  now it's time to get this going.

OK.  we tried the steps outlined in the post you referenced.  still getting the same error in the build log.  how do I find out what the real problem is?

Tuesday, May 20, 2008 9:46 PM
  •  

I don't know.  I never figured out the problem, just the solution.  Open a ticket with MS?
    Wednesday, May 21, 2008 4:29 AM
  • in the meantime, I'm looking but cannot figure out how to not publish the test results.

how do I turn off publishing the test results?

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 1:20 PM
  • FINALLY found the problem.  the drop folder is several folders deep on the TFS server.  some folder in the chain must be missing some security setting.  when we created a new folder from the root of the TFS server and gave it the proper permissions then publishing test results worked just fine...

FYI you must give permission to both TFSSERVICE and NETWORK_SERVICES

Wednesday, May 21, 2008 9:35 PM