A problem in updating custom fields in a custom workflow over Visual Studio 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am developing a Custom workflow in visual studio 2008, using Custom Tasks I generated using WSS 3.0, I can access the lists and everything, but when I input data into the fields online, they are not being updated in the workflow in VS 2008.

My Goal is to wait on a task until it is assigned to someone to work with, so I put a task checker in a while loop that only exits when the task is assigned, but the task assignment is not being detected in the code.

If anyone can help me to know at least the proper function that detects this change?

Thank you for your time and help.

Monday, April 18, 2011 10:19 AM

All replies

• Hi Taysseer,

How about judge the assign to field using OnTaskChanged instead of the task checker. Because when the assign to field had been modified, it will trigger the task change event.

Best regards,
    Emir

Thursday, April 21, 2011 3:22 AM
  • Hello again,

Thank you so much for your reply, my problem was that I didn't use the tasks in the workflow development, I used custom lists, so I couldn't call the onTaskChanged method, but I did find a work-around the problem, by re-calling the system data each time, e.g.,

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

SPListItem staffItem;

SPList staffList;

staffItem = stafflist.Items[staffItem.UniqueId];

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////

this way each time the staff data are called from the online list. I just wanted to post this just in case someone else had this problem.

However, I am facing another problem, the workflow data is not being updated, after the end user is updating his status, or changing a field..

Any ideas?

Thank you again for your time and help.

Best Regards,

Taysseer

Thursday, April 21, 2011 6:38 AM