none
Calculate days between each task finish and project finish RRS feed

• Question

• I want to have columns which show the number of working days between each tasks Start date and the project Finish date, and the number of working days between each tasks Finish date and the project Finish date.

Is this possible either using Projects functionality or VBA?

Friday, April 4, 2014 12:13 PM

All replies

• Hi Colin,

Task custom fields formulas can only work with the task information, thus the project finish date will not be available. But VBA would do that easily. Since I'm not a VBA guy, I'll let others experts on this forum go further.

Hope this helps.

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Friday, April 4, 2014 12:21 PM
  • Hi Colin,

you can easy insert two custom columns with formulas behind.

The function you need is ProjDateDiff( date1; date2; calendar ).

In Project go to the Ribbon "Project" and there to "Custom Fields". At the right side open the lookup table and look for "Duration". Mark Duration1 and click on the button "Formula". Enter the following formula for the amount of days from Start date to Project finish date: ProjDateDiff([Start],[Project Finish],"Standard").

For the amount of days from finish date to Project finish date mark the field "Duration2", click on the button "formula" and enter the following formula: ProjDateDiff([Finish],[Project Finish],"Standard").

After you have confirmed al dialogues go to the Gantt Chart do a right-click on the column Header and take "insert column" and look for "Duration1". Do the same for "Duration2".

Now you should see the amount of the working days from start/finish until Project finish date.

This procedure works with Project 2010 and 2013.

Bernhard Fischer [MVP] | www.wodey.de

Friday, April 4, 2014 12:53 PM
  • You're write Bernhard, my apologize! I absolutely didn't remember that the project finish date was available in the formulas' field.

Well done!

Guillaume Rouyre - MBA, MCP, MCTS

Friday, April 4, 2014 1:14 PM