Help - Absurd Certification Test Results for Supported APIs

Question

• Add to the seemingly never-ending list of things that go wrong when you get close to release:

I've been running app certification tests fairly regularly for awhile to always make sure everything is kosher with my app. However, as of today I started getting completely absurd results from the supported API test. By absurd results, I mean, for example, that I am being told that I cannot use memcpy. All the offending APIs seem to be in vcorlib120_app.dll and msvcr120_app.dll.

I've confirmed and re-confirmed several times I'm not compiling in debug mode. I'm trying to figure out what I changed since the last time I ran the test, but I cannot fathom what could have caused this.

If this helps, the app is a C# main module with two Windows Runtime components written in C++. Both of the C++ components are causing the problem, obviously.

Any ideas? Many thanks.

Peter

Friday, January 16, 2015 12:08 AM

Answers

All replies

• I am guessing this isn't the entire problem, but I don't see that memcpy is a supported Windows Store API:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/dn424765.aspx

Do you see anywhere else that says it is supported?

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

Friday, January 16, 2015 5:18 PM
  • This is a known issue. I'm on my phone and don't have the reference handy, but if you search this forum(is probably still on the front page) you'll find other threads on this and a link to the kb with the workaround.
    Friday, January 16, 2015 6:22 PM
    Owner
  • Friday, January 16, 2015 6:56 PM
    Owner
  • Yep, indeed that's what it was. I uninstalled KB2976978 and the problem was solved.

I did have a hard time finding it, but I did find it eventually. Still, never hurts to keep it sticky! Thanks.

Sunday, January 18, 2015 7:01 PM
  • Oh, and Matt, as far as I've ever thought memcpy and most of the standard C library was supported. I thought the only C libraries that were NOT supported were on this list:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-US/library/windows/apps/jj606124

I can't really fathom doing much if anything in C++ without memcpy! :)

Sunday, January 18, 2015 7:16 PM
  • FYI - Windows update automatically RE-installed KB2976978 on me today, once again leading to the WACK failures. I'm gonna try to tell WU to ignore this update in the future. But as it stands now WU still will try to update you with KB2976978 if you let it.
    Thursday, January 22, 2015 7:19 PM
  • FYI - Windows update automatically RE-installed KB2976978 on me today, once again leading to the WACK failures. I'm gonna try to tell WU to ignore this update in the future. But as it stands now WU still will try to update you with KB2976978 if you let it.

Same thing happened to me. Very annoying.
    Friday, January 30, 2015 2:27 AM
  • Installed itself AGAIN on 2/12.

I really hope this is fixed soon!

Tuesday, February 24, 2015 9:05 PM