none
Error C3861: 'UnsignedMultiplyHigh': identifier not found when building for 64-bit target. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am getting error C3861 in wdm.h while building my driver for x64 target machine. But it builds without error for x86.

I have migrated the build machine from VC8 (VS2005) to VC12 (VS2013) and using makefiles to build the driver. This was working fine for me in VC8. (i.e there were no compilation errors while building the driver for x64 target). Below is the error log:

-----------------------------------

C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Include\km\wdm.h(10918) : error C3861: 'UnsignedMultiplyHigh': identifier not found
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Include\km\wdm.h(10922) : error C3861: 'UnsignedMultiplyHigh': identifier not found
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Include\km\wdm.h(15076) : warning C4391: 'ULONG64 __readcr8(void)' : incorrect return type for intrinsic function, expected 'unsigned long'
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Include\km\wdm.h(15087) : warning C4391: 'ULONG64 __readcr8(void)' : incorrect return type for intrinsic function, expected 'unsigned long'
    C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.1\Include\km\wdm.h(15117) : error C3861: '_ReadWriteBarrier': identifier not found

:

:

-----------------------------------

What might need to be changed to resolve this?

Thanks in advance for the suggestions.

Regards,

Kunal

• Moved by Shu 2017 Monday, October 13, 2014 5:37 AM
    Friday, October 10, 2014 6:02 AM

Answers

• are you invoking ddkbuild or an older kit? or are you using the win8.1 wdk? these errors typically crop up with a screwed up environment matching new headers with an older compiler.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Kunal S Monday, October 20, 2014 4:23 AM
    Monday, October 13, 2014 6:39 AM

All replies

• Hi Kunal,

Thanks for Posting in MSDN forum.

From you description, I think your issue is more related to the driver develop, so I will move this thread to the Windows Hardware WDK and Driver Development forum. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regard,

Shu Hu

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, October 13, 2014 5:36 AM
  • are you invoking ddkbuild or an older kit? or are you using the win8.1 wdk? these errors typically crop up with a screwed up environment matching new headers with an older compiler.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

• Marked as answer by Kunal S Monday, October 20, 2014 4:23 AM
    Monday, October 13, 2014 6:39 AM
  • As you mentioned, this occurred because the include paths were set incorrectly. Fixed this issue. 

Thanks,

Kunal

Monday, October 20, 2014 4:23 AM