Unload content don't work?! RRS feed

Answers

• Problem solved.

Funny thing about that, there was no performance problem as I said. But the method I used to determine memory usage seems to work not correctly. Now it does, so problem solved.
    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 1:19 PM

All replies

• Is your screen going out of scope or is it being kept alive by a reference of some kind? Are there any events in the class that have not been un-subscribed? Also, does every screen need its own sprite batch and content? Could this not be controlled at a lower level?
    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 11:47 AM
  • Screens are removed from ScreenList and all references set to null;
    In my sample game I don't even use events and I'm 100% sure there are no references

Every screen need its own contentmanager so I can seperatly unload them. If I load everything in the main contentmanager, I cant unload it seperatly.

I can use one spritebatch but that's not solving my problem and if I use one Content Manager it's the same memory usage.

I don't understand why content.unload does nothing.
    For example I load 10 MB. And I thought that if I use content.unload() this 10mb must go. But they stay.
    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 12:08 PM
  • Can someone give me a hint?
    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 12:10 PM
  • Thanks for the link but I've done that before.
    I have no performance problems! I know what the standart performance mistakes are!
    I have a real real real small game. And the only thing I want to know is why content.unload() does nothing!

No references
    No Events
    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 12:31 PM
  • Problem solved.

Funny thing about that, there was no performance problem as I said. But the method I used to determine memory usage seems to work not correctly. Now it does, so problem solved.
    Tuesday, May 8, 2012 1:19 PM