none
Official TPM 2.0 driver for WES7? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

due to new hardware I got an "Unkown device"  (ACPI\MSFT0101) in my image, which seems to be the TPM on the motherboard. If found out that there was a hotfix KB2920188 for Windows 7, but the link "Hotfix download available" directs me to a strange page, asking me for E-Mail address and so on, and even the MS Update catalog did not return any results for KB2920188.

I found an update package on "The Hotfix Share" that seems to work, but I would prefer to recieve the update from an official MS support location. Can you tell me whre I may get this update from? Important: I need the x86 version...

Have much thanks in before.
    Willi K.

• Edited by Willi K Thursday, September 13, 2018 12:46 PM
    Thursday, September 13, 2018 12:44 PM

Answers

• You might have to go through distribution contact to get a 32-bit version.

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

• Marked as answer by Willi K Thursday, September 20, 2018 1:42 PM
    Tuesday, September 18, 2018 3:22 AM

All replies

• The hot fix request for e-mail is normal. There are some updates and fixes that come this way. My only guess is they want to control or know who is getting the fix. Maybe to see interest before official release. 

Sean Liming - Book Author: Starter Guide Windows 10 IoT Enterprise - www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com

Thursday, September 13, 2018 7:07 PM
  • Ok, I gave it a try. But the MS site resp. the link it contains provides only 64-bit version of the hotfix. Do you maybe know where the 32-bit version can be found?
    Monday, September 17, 2018 1:25 PM
  • You might have to go through distribution contact to get a 32-bit version.

• Marked as answer by Willi K Thursday, September 20, 2018 1:42 PM
    Tuesday, September 18, 2018 3:22 AM