none
Dynamic body mesh with Fusion RRS feed

• General discussion

• I'm trying to get a real-time mesh of a user's body, and thinking that Fusion might be the simplest way to do it, because I need the actual mesh vertices and triangles. Is there a way to have the reconstruction volume disregard any depth data that isn't part of the body? Somehow filtering with BodyIndexFrame before calculating the mesh?
    Thursday, March 12, 2015 7:06 PM

All replies

• you can filter out the depth pixels that don't correspond with a bodyindex; however, you'll want to have a separate volume to apply those depth frames to as it can be difficult to use the tracking if the majority of depth pixels are blank.

Using that approach though, I tended to get scans that were 180mb, after filtering the meshes they went down to around 1mb with no noticiable detail loss.

Thursday, March 12, 2015 7:29 PM
  • There is also a technique where if you clip the depth plane so that there is no background, you can sometimes get a cleaner scan of the object. If you place the object on a turntable you can get some really good 360 scans done.

Keep in mind, real-time is going to be a factor of the system since a lot of the processing will be on the GPU.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Monday, March 16, 2015 5:55 PM