none
How to solve assembly version conflict when use new version control RRS feed

• Question

• I want to use the new version control, referenced new version control and delete the old version control in reference, my program could not run and tip that assembly version conflict. If i add the "<AutoGenerateBindingRedirects>true</AutoGenerateBindingRedirects>" in vbproj, .net will generated a xxx.exe.config file that contains <bindingRedirect oldVersion="0.0.0.0-xx.0.0.0" newVersion="xx.1.0.0" />, now my program is working well. But I have lots of exe files, i dont want to add lots of xxx.exe.config files, how to apply to new version control quickly and not generate xxx.exe.config file?
    Thursday, August 10, 2017 1:05 AM

All replies

• xxx.exe.config or programname.exe.config is derived from the app.config for an exe project type upon the successful build of the project. It's the runtime config that .NET looks t for config information with the runtime config file sitting at the same location the programname.exe. So you need to know what you are doing, like what config info is in  a given programname.exe.config n your decision making process to use or not to use it.
    Thursday, August 10, 2017 4:01 AM
  • Thank you, i have found  the problem, a dll has not been updated to new control, now i can build it.
    Thursday, August 10, 2017 5:26 AM
  • Hi gaxjyxq,

Glad to hear this issue has been solved by yourself. Thanks for your sharing, please remember to close your thread by marking your post as answer, it is very beneficial to other community members who face the same issue.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Cherry

Best Regards,

Cherry

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, August 10, 2017 6:33 AM