none
Connecting to SharePoint Online from ADF v2 via OData RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Has anyone had any success in creating an ADF v2 linked service that connects to SPO using OData?  I believe it should be possible to do so using an Azure AD service principal for authentication.  However, after trying many combinations of settings, I always receive an error "Connection failed: Failed to create OData connection to **********"

My questions are:

1. What should the "Service URL" be?  I believe the example in my screenshot is correct?
    2. What should the "AAD Resource" be?  Example 5 here shows the URL I have tried
    3. My "Service Principal" is the client ID of an application registered in AAD that has been given the "Sites.Read.All" API permission for SPO - is this sufficient?
    4. My "Service principal key" is the client secret from that AAD application - is that the correct value?

A worked example of how to do this would be very helpful, as it is quite complex both from the SPO and the ADF perspective.

Wednesday, March 27, 2019 9:50 AM

All replies

• Hello trevboyd and thank you for your question.  I found a document addressing additional steps that need to be taken for granting Azure access to Sharepoint.  I felt I should make this document known to you sooner, rather than later after I try it out for myself.
    Monday, April 1, 2019 9:45 PM
  • Hello team,

Has anyone been successful in creation of an OData Linked service in ADF v2 ?(especially via service principal key)

Because in every thread which I have gone through ,everyone is facing the same issue of 'Failed to create a Odataset'.

And the error is also not user friendly as to what exactly is the cause behind the failure.

So am I missing out something? What should be AAD resource value?

Thursday, April 25, 2019 1:42 PM
  • Did you find any solution?

What should we enter in all those fields?

Facing the same issue here.

Wednesday, May 29, 2019 9:09 AM