none
How to install this transport agent using install-transport-agent ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

still trying to find a way to install my transport agent, I found another one but I don't find the command line to install it.  The first lines are :

namespace CustomNDR { public sealed class CustomNDRAgentFactory : RoutingAgentFactory { public override RoutingAgent CreateAgent(SmtpServer server) { return new CustomNDR(); } } public class CustomNDR : RoutingAgent { // Place this text in the subject to test the agent public const string TestToken = "[TEST]"; public const string NdrSubject = "Rejected Message - Original Attached"; public const string OutputPath = @"C:\Users\Administrator\Desktop\CustomNDR\output\"; public const string PickupPath = @"C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\TransportRoles\Pickup\"; public CustomNDR() { LogMessage("CustomNDR{}", "Enter"); this.OnRoutedMessage += new RoutedMessageEventHandler(CustomNDR_OnRoutedMessage); this.OnSubmittedMessage += new SubmittedMessageEventHandler(CustomNDR_OnSubmittedMessage); this.OnResolvedMessage += new ResolvedMessageEventHandler(CustomNDR_OnResolvedMessage); LogMessage("CustomNDR()", "Leave"); }

Microsoft recommends to use the following cmdlet to install a transport agent but I don't find the good command associated with the previous
    code: Install-TransportAgent -Name "MyCustomAgent" -TransportAgentFactory "MyAgents.MyAgentFactory" -AssemblyPath "C:\myagents\MyAgent.dll"

Thanks for your help

Tuesday, June 12, 2012 8:49 AM

All replies

• Your question is not that clear...

To create a Transport Agent you would create a class library (make sure you target .net 3.5 on Exchange 2010).

Then you would use the Exchange Management Shell and Install-TransportAgent and Enable-TransportAgent on the HubServer your trying to install the Agent on to install this eg http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb125175.aspx.

If your having problems with this you need to specific about what the problems or error you are getting ?

Cheers
    Glen

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 6:52 AM