none
Why CSWP is not showing results on the page? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone!

I'm trying to create a CSWP in my sharepoint online but although in the settings the CSWP is showing the results I expect, when I hit on save no results renders on the page. I get only the header and nothing more.

I'm using the Office 365 Business Premium plan and I don't know if that is the reason. Should I use some enterprise plan to get CSWP working? 

Many thanks!!!

Wednesday, April 19, 2017 9:10 AM

Answers

All replies

• SharePoint Online Plan 1 does NOT include Content Search Web Part (CSWP) even though it shows up and lets you add and configure it. Try to activate Cross Site Publishing feature which will give error message about a feature it depends on, the Search Driven Content feature. If you're on Plan 2, activating the Enterprise feature set will provide this.

Also check this link: http://www.learningsharepoint.com/2013/11/03/sharepoint-2013-online-now-supports-content-search-web-part-cswp/

get2pallav
    Please click "Propose As Answer" if this post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if this post has been useful to you.

• Edited by get2pallav Wednesday, April 19, 2017 3:30 PM
    • Proposed as answer by Jesús Sanz Tuesday, January 23, 2018 7:55 AM
    Wednesday, April 19, 2017 3:20 PM
  • Hi,

Office 365 Business Premium don't support the Search web parts feature, please see the Feature availability across Office 365 plans as below(Ctrl+F search find "Search web parts"):

SharePoint Online Service Description

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/sharepoint-online-service-description#Anchor_8

Best Regards,

Dennis

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

• Marked as answer by Americo2014 Friday, April 21, 2017 11:27 AM
    Thursday, April 20, 2017 7:13 AM
  • Thanks, now I know why is not working.

Thanks!!!

Friday, April 21, 2017 11:27 AM