none
How do I make default of All AutoCorrect Options UnChecked? RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to make it the default setting for ALL three below UnChecked without running code on load of Access database? Like On Load Event of the form that Access 2013 Win7 64bit opens automatically.

Name AutoCorrect Options

Track name AutoCorrect info

Perform name AutoCorrect

Log name AutoCorrect Changes

Mark J

Sunday, December 20, 2015 10:03 AM

Answers

• Hmm, just for fun, I tried to create a .ACCDT template of a database with all the Auto-Correct settings turned off, and it worked when I created a new database based off that template. The same settings remained off. However, I only tested this using Access 2010.
    • Marked as answer by PuzzledByWord Thursday, January 7, 2016 10:19 AM
    Monday, December 21, 2015 2:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Mark,

The best I could recommend for you is to create a template database with all the settings you want and just make a copy of it each time you need to develop a new project.

Just my 2 cents...

Sunday, December 20, 2015 5:10 PM
  • Hi Mark,

>> Is there a way to make it the default setting for ALL three below UnChecked without running code on load of Access database?

I am not sure what you mean with “without running code”. Name AutoCorrect Options are for each Access database, if you want to set it without code, I think you need to set it manually. As my test under Access 2013, creating a template database would not work for this situation.

For a workaround, I suggest you use AutoExec macro to set this option. AutoExec would run when you open a database.

Setting Track name AutoCorrect info:

Application.SetOption "Track name AutoCorrect info", False

AutoEexc macro:
    # Create a macro that runs when you open a database
    https://support.office.com/en-gb/article/Create-a-macro-that-runs-when-you-open-a-database-98ba1508-dcc6-4e0f-9698-a4755e548124

Best Regards,

Edward

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, December 21, 2015 2:38 AM
  • Hi Edward,

Just to clarify what I meant by "template." I wasn't referring to a .ACCDT file. I was talking about creating a blank .ACCDB file with all the settings the OP desires and then making a copy of it for his/her new project. For example, let's say I create a file called MyTemplate.ACCDB with all the settings I intend to use. I would then make a copy of it and name the copy like MyNewProject.ACCDB. If I do it that way, the copy should retain the settings right? If so, then I can start adding my tables and forms, etc.

Just my 2 cents...

Monday, December 21, 2015 2:49 AM
  • Hmm, just for fun, I tried to create a .ACCDT template of a database with all the Auto-Correct settings turned off, and it worked when I created a new database based off that template. The same settings remained off. However, I only tested this using Access 2010.
    • Marked as answer by PuzzledByWord Thursday, January 7, 2016 10:19 AM
    Monday, December 21, 2015 2:53 AM
  • DB guy,

Thanks, I was thinking (ok hoping) this was one of the problems with a very simple and easy answer.

I am testing it on Access 2013 Win7 64bit  on an ACCDB file.  Then saving as an .ACCDT template.

I have not been able to test all the options yet.  I have found I need to check the fine print on these two so far.

Application.SetOption "Show New Objects ShortsCuts", True

Application.SetOption "Show Macro Names Colummn", True

'both seems to be no good for .accdb code.

Looks like I will need to track down where I got copied that

line from.

And see if I can find out what problem with those lines are,

like is it old code no longer supported.

Or the code only works in a special use of access.

also sorry took so long to get back on this. I was just recently able to get out of bed and walk to a computer.  I am working thru all my to do lists that had gotten huge.

Mark J

Thursday, January 7, 2016 10:38 AM
  • Hi Mark. Hope you're feeling better. Just in case it might help, check out this blog article: Database Startup Properties

Cheers!

Thursday, January 7, 2016 4:26 PM
  • the DB guy,

Thanks, am better.

I was able to check using a template database, with settings I wanted.

So Far, the 3 MOST important settings to me do not stay changed with the template. (Access 2013 Win7 Ultimate, 64 bit)

Seems I have the syntax perfect, all I seem to be missing is the line(s) I need before my lines of code.

Do I need to Dim Application as Object, Then Set Application = Access       ?

The blog was very helpful with all that info in one spot.  I couldn't post my question to blog so posting it here.

I do seem to be missing something  about  "SetOption".  As far as I can tell at this time.

I have a form that is the first to load,  in an Access 2013  win7 64 bit   ACCDB file

with code below I get msg

Run-Time error  31556

To view object dependencies or change the Track Name AutoCorrect info option, Microsoft Access must close all objects and update dependency information.

I tried to create an AutoExc Macro. 

I was only able to get to spot where I picked from a list of Actions, and did NOT find  "SetOption" . 

Wonder if I could do what I have done in Word. Record a one action macro, then remove that action.

Then adding code as if was a sub not a macro.  I couldn't find so far how to do that in Access.

I was thinking problem might be some option setting(s) I clicked on, that ended up hiding what I need to use setOption or create an autoexc macro having the SetOption.

Below is what I think is the correct way to set the options in code. Any corrections will be very gratefully accepted.

Private Sub Form_Load()
        ' Comments:This in form  PreForm, at this time only form in base, only to run this code. Once this works, will add code to hide this and open the Main form.

On Error GoTo PROC_ERR

Application.SetOption "Track name AutoCorrect info", False
        Application.SetOption "Perform name AutoCorrect", False
        Application.SetOption "Log name AutoCorrect changes", False

PROC_EXIT:
        Exit Sub

PROC_ERR:
        MsgBox Err.Description, vbCritical, Me.Name & ".Form_Load"
        Resume PROC_EXIT
    End Sub

Mark J

Sunday, January 10, 2016 4:53 AM
  • Hi Mark. I don't have a copy of 2013 handy for testing, but I tried the SetOption commands in 2010, and they worked fine. I used an Autoexec macro in my test though, instead of a form.
    Sunday, January 10, 2016 6:26 AM