none
SharePoint Alerts Stop For One User RRS feed

• Question

• I have a user that has set up alerts for a list, and when he sets up the alerts he gets an email indicting that it was successful. He will then get alerts for that list for the remainder of that day. The next day, he no longer gets alerts, but everyone else that has signed up still gets them. If he removes the alert and then sets it up again, he will get alerts for that day and they will stop again.

This doesn't appear to be happening to anyone but him. And I've checked the logs in our Exchange server, it's not that they're coming in and failing, they just aren't coming in.

Monday, September 21, 2015 10:33 PM

Answers

• There is a timer job set to run daily called Notification, it 'Queries and updates the notification list and sends out pending scheduling notifications'.

I am guessing there is something wrong with the user's profile. I would check the user's alerts on that list, execute the notification timer job manually, then after it runs check the user's alerts again and see if they are still subscribed on the list (and are receiving alerts). If the timer job is deleting their alerts, then have them subscribe again open your ULS logs, run the timer job and see if you can see why the timer job is deleting their alerts. You may need to up the logging level temporarily through Diagnostics logging. Only increase logging on the categories that might be related because the ULS logs fill up quick enough as it is and it is hard to see relevant events.

Lance

Monday, September 21, 2015 10:53 PM

All replies

• try to remove him from info list on the site via powershell 

when as him to add alert again

Monday, September 21, 2015 10:50 PM
  • There is a timer job set to run daily called Notification, it 'Queries and updates the notification list and sends out pending scheduling notifications'.

I am guessing there is something wrong with the user's profile. I would check the user's alerts on that list, execute the notification timer job manually, then after it runs check the user's alerts again and see if they are still subscribed on the list (and are receiving alerts). If the timer job is deleting their alerts, then have them subscribe again open your ULS logs, run the timer job and see if you can see why the timer job is deleting their alerts. You may need to up the logging level temporarily through Diagnostics logging. Only increase logging on the categories that might be related because the ULS logs fill up quick enough as it is and it is hard to see relevant events.

Lance

Monday, September 21, 2015 10:53 PM
  • Ok, I will give that a try, thanks.
    Tuesday, September 22, 2015 2:14 PM