Disabling a package in Answer File without deleting it RRS feed

• Question

• So let's say I added the following to my Answer File in ICE:

"FeaturePack->Embedded Enabling Features->Enhanced Write Filter with HORM"

Is there a way to simply "disable" this package v/s without having to "delete" it from your Answer File?

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 6:35 PM

Answers

• The answer is yes and no.

You can disable a package in the answer file pane in ICE.  To do this, select the package in the answer file pane, click on the Properties tab in the settings pane and change the "Disabled" setting to True.  However, when you save the answer file, the disabled package will not be included in the answer file.

What this means is that if you save the answer file, close the answer file in ICE and then reopen the saved answer file, the disabled package will not show up in the answer file pane.  The "disabled" state of a package will only persist in the current answer file session but not in between sessions (closing/reopening answer files).

Ivan

• Marked as answer by techgeek12345 Thursday, May 5, 2011 12:04 AM
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 8:16 PM

All replies

You can disable a package in the answer file pane in ICE.  To do this, select the package in the answer file pane, click on the Properties tab in the settings pane and change the "Disabled" setting to True.  However, when you save the answer file, the disabled package will not be included in the answer file.

What this means is that if you save the answer file, close the answer file in ICE and then reopen the saved answer file, the disabled package will not show up in the answer file pane.  The "disabled" state of a package will only persist in the current answer file session but not in between sessions (closing/reopening answer files).

Ivan

• Marked as answer by techgeek12345 Thursday, May 5, 2011 12:04 AM
    Wednesday, May 4, 2011 8:16 PM

Thanks Ivan! For your answer. Also can we disable a specific property of a packages too? For example, I have added four DriverPaths properties (P2 phase) under "Product->Operating System->Foundation Core->Windows Embedded Edition->"PnpCustomizationsNonWinPE_x86" and sometimes I need to disable one of them and then build a image and test it and then depending upon the test result I can decide whether to enable (keep) the DriverPath or simply delete it.

Is there a way to do that too?

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 10:36 PM
  • Disabling settings is not supported.  What you can do is to keep different versions of answer files with different settings and keep the ones that work for you.  You could also manually edit the xml answer file for testing purposes, although this method is not supported/recommended.

Ivan

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 11:24 PM
  •  i also don't like the "feature". And its not a "yes" and a "no" it is definitly a no.
    "Mark/Propose As Answer" if you got one.
    Thursday, May 5, 2011 11:54 AM