none
Broken project property page in vs c++ projects when using english language

Question

• Hi

I installed visual studio enterprise on my laptop and i do not know why, but the installer must have concluded that I am speaking German and so he installed vs with the German language. So of course I want my vs in English (how else am I supposed to search for the error messages) and installed the English language package from here: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=48157

So far so good. Everything is in English now, except when I enter the project properties of an C++ project, the site is nearly empty containing only the options for code analysis. While writing this I am also noticing that there are some German controls left as well.... It looks like this:

I have another computer and there it works fine (except there are also "Abbrechen" and "Übernehmen"). So here is a pic how it should look like:

I also tried to repair vs but that won't help. Last thing is to reinstall it, but I am a little afraid about that and normally "repair" does the job.

Is there anything else I could do? Did I miss some update?

Here the about-screen from the laptop:

And here from the computer where it works:

Thank you very much for your help.

• Edited by Tobias Ka Tuesday, December 22, 2015 9:35 AM fixed images
    Tuesday, December 22, 2015 9:31 AM

Answers

• Hi Tobias,

Thanks for your post.

I did a test in my side using VS2015 Enterprise.

I installed Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise with Germen language.

After installation, I check the properties of C++ project. It is correct.

Then I installed the English language package and set the language as English.

When I open the properties of the project. A terrible error occurred. It shows that there are no property for my project

Even after I repaired my Visual Studio. But the error is still exist.

So I think changed language which may lead some errors.

For you case. I suggest you to repair your Visual Studio at first. If still no help. You may uninstall your Visual Studio and then install the English version of Visual Studio directly.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Thursday, December 24, 2015 2:56 AM

All replies

• Hi Tobias,

Thanks for your post.

I did a test in my side using VS2015 Enterprise.

I installed Visual Studio 2015 Enterprise with Germen language.

After installation, I check the properties of C++ project. It is correct.

Then I installed the English language package and set the language as English.

When I open the properties of the project. A terrible error occurred. It shows that there are no property for my project

Even after I repaired my Visual Studio. But the error is still exist.

So I think changed language which may lead some errors.

For you case. I suggest you to repair your Visual Studio at first. If still no help. You may uninstall your Visual Studio and then install the English version of Visual Studio directly.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Thursday, December 24, 2015 2:56 AM
  • hmmm, ok, I will try that. Thank you.
    Friday, December 25, 2015 1:29 PM
  • Hi Tobias,

Have you issue solved after reinstalling the English version of VS?

If you have any update. Please feel free to share here.

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Monday, December 28, 2015 1:58 AM
  • Hi Tobias,

Any update about your issue now?

Best Regards,

Lake Xiao

Tuesday, December 29, 2015 6:35 AM
  • I have the same problem. But furthermore all project files (cpp, h) disappear (not only the project properties). However building still works. When I switch the language back to german, all works fine again. Ironically I set the language to english, because I hoped it would be easier to use information from stackoverflow if using an english visual studio.

Friday, August 18, 2017 1:44 PM