none
My application UI is not looking good in windows 10 after migrating from windows 7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I was facing one peculiar problem in windows 10 OS.

I have been developed my application in C# .net 3.5 winforms from Windows XP. It was working fine in Windows XP. Then many customer's systems were upgraded from windows xp to Windows 7. Actually I didn't change any code and provide the same "setup.exe" to customer's those who upgraded to Windows 7.  And it was working great.

Now some customers are again upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now they are asking me to provide "Setup.exe" which should be compatible with Windows 10.

But recently I tested my application in windows 10. But all windows form UI in my application are not looking good as in windows 7. The fonts are not proper as highlighted below. Font sizes are varying in groupbox text and label text.

Please see the attached screen shots took from windows 10.

Please see the below screen shot took from windows 7. It is working correct.

Note: I have created one sample winforms app and ran in windows 10 which is working fine.

Please help on this.

Thanks in advance,

Best Regards,

Hari

click "Proposed As Answer by" if this post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you Happy Programming! Hari

Thursday, June 7, 2018 7:34 AM

All replies

• Look what fonts you use, they seem not to be compatible with the fontset on the current computers. 

If a font does not match a nearby font is taken. What you show looks as the result of that. 

Probably not a W10 case but more the way the updates are done. 

Success
    Cor

Thursday, June 7, 2018 7:46 AM
  • Hello Cor Lighthert,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually I was not setting any font by myself explicitly. Because default font "Microsoft Sans Serif, 8pt" will be set automatically by visual studio, when we put labels, textboxes on form.

Thanks and Regards,

Hari

click "Proposed As Answer by" if this post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if a post has been useful to you Happy Programming! Hari

Thursday, June 7, 2018 11:38 AM