none
Kinect SDK V2 on Windows 8.1 Enterprise some samples not working RRS feed

• General discussion

• None of these samples work:  (all others appear to work fine)

bodybasics - status is running, no frames are recieved

CoordinateMapping - background shows but no image retrieved from the camera.

ControlsBasics - hand never detected,, screen renders and can be activated with mouse, however, hand movement is never detected.

My complete system information is in the image clips below.  I will continue to debug in VS2013 Ultimate to see if I can figure out more, but any guidance would be appreciated.

PC Properties

Laptop DeEvices

Make it happen.

• Edited by DanKline Friday, July 18, 2014 11:48 PM
    Friday, July 18, 2014 11:46 PM

All replies

• This might be a silly question, however did you stand up in front of the camera such that the camera could see 3/4 of your body?

Each of the samples you mentioned requires the Kinect to find and track a body. And you need the majority of your body unobstructed from the Kinect view for this to work properly.

Other than that if no frames are arriving let me ask what driver are you using for your Radeon GPU?

Sr. Enterprise Architect | Trainer | Consultant | MCT | MCSD | MCPD | SharePoint TS | MS Virtual TS |Windows 8 App Store Developer | Linux Gentoo Geek | Raspberry Pi Owner | Micro .Net Developer | Kinect For Windows Device Developer |blog: http://dgoins.wordpress.com

Saturday, July 19, 2014 2:17 AM
  • Disable the LogMeIn driver as this could be interfering with the DX compute shaders.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Monday, July 21, 2014 6:16 PM
  • I think you nailed it. Once I had the Kinect mounted to a tripod, I stood back and it worked like a charm.

Make it happen.

Saturday, July 26, 2014 9:18 PM