none
SharePoint 2013 Custom Membership provider RRS feed

• Question

• OK, here is what I need to accomplish but I need some direction.  I've created a web service for authentication that connects to an SAP instance and brings back information that I need to store somewhere in Share Point upon successful authentication so that I can pull back that information to use for other things in apps I create.  The web service works great but I don't know how to get Share Point to grab what the web service presents and reuse that info.  I've read things about adding fields to the profile server application and I've read about creating custom membership users but I don't know which one would be the best.  I would really like this information to be inaccessible to everyone but the user it belongs to as well.  Any best practice ideas on the best way to accomplish this?  If there is a way that I can pass the current user credentials back to the web service after login in a separate process  I could do that too but don't know how "good" that is.  Please help with detailed examples. 
    Wednesday, January 4, 2017 8:23 PM

Answers

All replies