project email updates set to not automatic RRS feed

• Question

• Does anyone know how to turn off the email without turning off the ability to request status updates?

I don't want an email sent out every time I update something on a task to a resource. I would like to be able to control when an email gets sent to someone.

Thanks!

Friday, April 28, 2006 10:51 PM

Answers

• Per our support engineer:

Thanks for using Microsoft ISV Community Forum. As you may know, Project Server leverages the alert functionality of Windows SharePoint Service to send out the notification on updates. So, in order to configure the E-mail notification settings, you may login the Project Web Access as a PM, and after the login, you will see the following options appear on your left navigation menu:

Alert me about my tasks and status report and Alert me about my resources on tasks and status reports

Click the corresponding items for detailed E-mail notification settings as following, also you can choose trigger the notification only on your selected events:

The engineer did provide some screen shots of the settings but I can't post them here. If you'd like to see them please let me know at budsup@microsoft.com.

-brenda (ISV Buddy Team)

Wednesday, May 3, 2006 3:36 PM