error APPX0702: Payload file …\Projects\WRC1\Debug\WRC1\WRC1\BlankPage1.xaml' does not exist

Question

• I have added a blank page in a windows runtime component dll and then added its reference to a app(app1) project. While comipling the app1, I am somehow getting the error: "error APPX0702: Payload file 'c:\Users\documents\visual studio 2012\Projects\WRC1\Debug\WRC1\WRC1\BlankPage1.xaml' does not exist"

The page seems to exist @ location .....\Projects\WRC1\Debug\WRC1\ while it is incorrectly searching @ .....\Projects\WRC1\Debug\WRC1\WRC1\

Can someone please point me to what might be causing this or could there be some config issue ?

Wednesday, July 03, 2013 7:14 PM

Answers

• You need to edit the project configuration to add an after-build event process that copies BlankPage1.xaml to the location where the build process it expects it to be.
    Wednesday, July 03, 2013 9:57 PM

All replies

• You need to edit the project configuration to add an after-build event process that copies BlankPage1.xaml to the location where the build process it expects it to be.
    Wednesday, July 03, 2013 9:57 PM
  • HI Jim, could you please tell me some more details about this "an after-build event process" method? I am trying to use xaml and images in class library, but it shows the same error @AAryaman said.

Thanks!

Sunday, October 13, 2013 12:58 PM
  • Under Project | Properties | Configuration Properties

You'll need to edit this setting to add command line commands to copy the file(s) to the required directory that the error is complaining about. For example copy $(OutputPath)\YourControl.xaml $(OutputPath)\YourProject  etc

Sunday, October 13, 2013 7:01 PM