none
Microsoft.Ink.Dll not working in Windows server 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Recently I converted my project from 2005 to 2010, After that I hosted in my local(development desktop) the microsoft.Ink.dll was worked properly with out any error. Later I hosted the site on Window server 2008 /IIS 7.5, but the Micoroft.Ink.dll was not worked, also I received the following error.

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Ink, Version=6.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. Please let me know what went wrong, since it working on windows 7 not working on windows server 2008. Please let me know ASAP, I am not able to move forward because of this issue.

Thanks!

Tuesday, March 5, 2013 10:38 PM

All replies

• look into those working bin folder, locate that dll, then copy them to the one is not working.

or it could be the dependency needed by that dll is not avail on the not working machine.

try get more details what that dll need/depend on.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 5:28 AM
  • in references, try to set property  CopyLocal = true of Microsoft.Ink.dll

Mark Answered, if it solves your question and Vote if you found it helpful.
    Rohit Arora

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 10:35 AM
  • Hi,

The microsoft.ink.dll is used for image/signature capturing. Since the microsoft.ink.dll was worked in VS2005, after conversion(2010) it was not working in windows server 2008. But the old version(vs 2005) worked properly.

Thanks!

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 2:29 PM