App config location RRS feed

• Question

• I have windows C# application that use app config.  Latter i deploy into GAC.  where should i find app config file.

Thanks.

Friday, October 17, 2014 7:31 AM

Answers

• If you are using that class in BizTalk Orchestration, BizTalk runtime will pick that configuration. 

Greetings,HTH
    Naushad Alam

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer
    alamnaushad.wordpress.com

• Marked as answer by raj_BizTalk Friday, October 17, 2014 9:15 AM
    Friday, October 17, 2014 8:52 AM

All replies

• Why would you WANT TO GAC an executable?

You only GAC the helpers (dll). The app.config is generally <exe name>.exe.config and located in the same directory as the EXE.

Regards.

If this is about BizTalk then the BizTalk config file is BTSNTSvc.exe.config OR BTSNTSvc64.exe.config and located in the BizTalk Installation directory c:\program files (x86)\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2010\

• Edited by Shankycheil Friday, October 17, 2014 7:36 AM
    Friday, October 17, 2014 7:34 AM
  • Thanks.

For biztalk i am using this as a helper solution.  In Gac i ct find any <exe name>.exe.config in "C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_MSIL\HelperProj\1.0.0.0__6825206fe3a6d22f"

Friday, October 17, 2014 7:40 AM
  • Hi Raj,

If you want to use a helper routine written in C#, you need to reference the class library/DLL in your BizTalk project and then GAC the DLL.

I would suggest you to refer following technet wiki article

BizTalk Server 2010: .NET Helper Classes

Hope this helps. 

Greetings,HTH
    Naushad Alam

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Friday, October 17, 2014 8:00 AM
  • Its almost same like this (wiki article).

I am using this helper class to send email.  Where its taking some values from app.config.  please let me know where should i look this app.config file.

Friday, October 17, 2014 8:05 AM
  • Its almost same like this (wiki article).

I am using this helper class to send email.  Where its taking some values from app.config.  please let me know where should i look this app.config file.

Whatever settings (key/value) your helper class is using you can put them in BizTalk Config file BTSNTSvc.exe or BTSNTSvc64.exe.config if you are using 64 bit host

Greetings,HTH
    Naushad Alam

Friday, October 17, 2014 8:14 AM
  • But anyway if i put value in "BTSNTSvc.exe or BTSNTSvc64.exe.config" 

How my helper application know to pick value from here?

Friday, October 17, 2014 8:32 AM
  • If you are using that class in BizTalk Orchestration, BizTalk runtime will pick that configuration. 

Greetings,HTH
    Naushad Alam

• Marked as answer by raj_BizTalk Friday, October 17, 2014 9:15 AM
    Friday, October 17, 2014 8:52 AM
  • Thank you Naushad. 
    Friday, October 17, 2014 9:15 AM
  • How my helper application know to pick value from here?

Just to clarify this, your application should not know or care where the values come from, that is all handled by the standard .Net rules.  There is nothing BizTalk specific about this.
    Friday, October 17, 2014 11:53 AM