Using SQL server on a VM in Azure IAAS RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I am looking to lift and shit current setups to Azure but I am coming across a road block. Currently in our environment we use SQL and multiple instances for our database tables that are all assigned ips. I can drop this ip into the nic of the vm and its accessible but we are using windows clustering to control sql clusters and the ip wont follow to the other vm when we fail over. I read that a load balancer can help with this scenario however, when using the load balancer and i put in the ip of the instance the health check will not return clean so that the traffic can route. I have the frontend ip setup as the instance ip(not the cluster ip) and it forwards to the backend servers on the port that was specified for the individual instance. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks 

Tuesday, April 9, 2019 11:53 AM

All replies

• Hi Douglas(papabee),

Your issue is more relevant to Azure VM and Azure load balancer. You'd better open a new thread at the Azure forum to get more help. 

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/home?forum=WAVirtualMachinesforWindows

Best Regards,
    Puzzle
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

• Edited by Puzzle_Chen Wednesday, April 10, 2019 6:16 AM
    Wednesday, April 10, 2019 6:15 AM