none
BizTalk 2016 Silent Installation through PowerShell

Question

• Hi Guys

I am trying to install BizTalk 2016 through Powershell but not able to get success,

Could you please guide me to install using Powershell.

Thanks

Vilas Borate

vilasborate08@gmail.com

Friday, July 14, 2017 11:24 AM

All replies

• Any error messages? Why do BizTalk not install successfully?
    Are all  prerequisites installed/checked?
    MSDTC working if it's multiple servers?

Did you check some of the online resources?
    Eg (for BTS 2013)
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/32424.biztalk-server-installation-powershell-toolkit.aspx

/Peter

Friday, July 14, 2017 1:15 PM
  • First, can we ask why you're trying to do this?  Without even known your circumstances, my advice is to not even try.

While silent install has always been supported technically, I don't think anyone has ever actually used this feature...and I not using any hyperbole here.

If you describe your situation, we can give you some advice on how to handle it better.

Friday, July 14, 2017 1:58 PM
  • Hi Vilas,

The best way to do it is not to do it at all. BizTalk installation and configuration as it is requires lot of prep and prerequisites installation, then on top of that to write a Powershell script to that is just a lot of overhead. My suggestion too would be to go by the normal way of installation as it will be a very rare activity to install the BizTalk server and configure it , writing Posershell will just increase your task.

Mandar Dharmadhikari

Sunday, July 16, 2017 11:51 PM
  • Assuming the BizTalk 2016 Developer VM on azure runs a silent install when initiated I can imagine a couple of scenarious where this might be a good idea in the long run

Maintaining images for cloning is a boring task

/Peter

Monday, July 17, 2017 6:55 AM
  • actually i want to install biztalk 2016 on more than one server so i dont want to make any mistake in installation so i want to use powershell script to install it smoothly thats why i am asking about silent installation if any one has an idea about it please share with me

Thanks in Advance.

I will appreciate it. 

Monday, July 17, 2017 12:13 PM
  • Might be easier to clone the servers in your case

Read this article (for BTS 2010)
    https://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/21783.sysprep-biztalk-server-2010.aspx

Otherwise read the articles in my earlier reply

/Peter

Monday, July 17, 2017 12:50 PM
  • How many server are you looking at installing?

Realistically, all you need is a checklist to track the setup of each machine.  That's all I ever use, even when deploying many, many servers.

Basically, the advice we're sharing, from experience, is you don't need to do this.  Just be careful and if you do many a mistake, it's very easy to fix.

Monday, July 17, 2017 2:19 PM
  • I have to build out an entire SDLC Dev, QA, UAT, Prod Support Prod totaling @ 25-30 servers.  Wouldn't a script that prompts for configuration settings be much less error prone? 

While I'm no powershell expert, I find it interesting that has not been embraced.

Monday, December 18, 2017 2:46 PM