none
MSDN Subscriptions RRS feed

• Question

• Im not that computer literate and I realize this may be a stupid question but Im curious what it is if someone can give me some feedback on what it means and what it does on a computer if possible.  Thank you for anyone's time in answering this question for me!!

Sincerely,

Joy

• Edited by joysga37 Tuesday, October 11, 2011 3:56 AM
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 3:54 AM

Answers

• Thanks for your question Joy!

An MSDN Subscription is a program targeted at Software Developers, and it gives them immediate access to new Microsoft software for the express purpose of enabling those software developers to create new software using the Microsoft software for a certain amount of time (typically a year, or 3, depending on what type).  

Read section 2 on this help page for what seems like a good brief overview of what an MSDN Subscription is: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/dd364989.aspx

So to  answer your question, it doesn't do anything to your computer, what it does is let you more easily create programs that run on top of Microsoft Windows.  If you're not a Software Developer or a Software tester, its may not the right thing for you.

Please let me know if you have any followup questions.

Thanks!

Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!
    Tuesday, October 11, 2011 1:18 PM