Hide column headers when there is just the chart on a page by itself in SSRS-2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

The way i have this tablix setup is that it includes a line chart as part of the bottom most row group (total group), there are other groups on top of this total group which show multiple rows which span across multiple page when rendered. So, the issue that i' am now having is that when the chart is forced to show a new page (on its own) and without any rows on top of it in the new page, the column headers still appear and i don't want them to show. I have tried hiding the the row that has the column headers based on a condition but that is not working. can anyone please advise on anything else that i should try? Thank you.

Thursday, May 3, 2018 7:39 PM

All replies

• Hello Arvin,

Please try the below link:

http://www.sqlcircuit.com/2012/03/ssrs-how-to-resolve-sorting-issue-with.html

Here is the solution where you can make column header as report header and you can set hide/show settings

Thanks,

Vishal Jharwade

Thursday, May 3, 2018 10:26 PM
  • Hello Vishal, thank for the response, that link does not contain the solution about how to hide headers, my issue is not related to that, for additional information, i would like to see the column headers removed when the chart is shown on its own on a new page.

Thank you

Friday, May 4, 2018 5:45 PM
  • can anyone please advise on this ?
    Monday, May 7, 2018 6:40 PM
  • Hello Arvin,

Following are my suggestions:

1. You need to set the visibility property of column header based on the output of your dataset e.g.

If dataset is returning data for your upper group’s then show the column header, else do not show

1. If this the case, you can use Report variable and store the value of any column of dataset into report variable

e.g. Report Parameter - @IsVisible set to  field.CountryName.value

If value is coming from dataset then show else don’t show.

Hope this will help.

Thanks,
    Vishal Jharwade

Tuesday, May 8, 2018 12:08 AM
  • Hi 

According to your description , you don’t want to show the column header when the step line chart showed on a new page ,right?
    If so , based on my research , you could put the step chart line on static group ,then the column header would not be shown with the chart.
    Like this :

Hope it can help you.
    Best Regards,
    Eric Liu

Best Regards, Eric Liu MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer if the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, May 8, 2018 6:22 AM