The Interop activity is not in the Toolbox RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to use the Interop activity in a designer workflow to call a workflow created with version 3.5.  However, there is no Migration group in the toolbox, which is where the Interop activity usually is.  I have searched all the other groups as well but to no avail.  I loaded the sample project (InteropWith35RuleSet) and the Interop activity is in the toolbox there.  I compared the project file with mine and it appears to have been developed with a earlier version of Visual Studio.

Is there something I need to do to make the Interop activity available?
    Sunday, November 22, 2009 9:12 PM

Answers

• I believe you need to set your project to target the full 4.0 .net full framework in order to use the interop activity. (I.e. not 'client' SKU). This is settable through the project Properties page.
    Tim
    Sunday, November 22, 2009 11:19 PM

All replies

• I believe you need to set your project to target the full 4.0 .net full framework in order to use the interop activity. (I.e. not 'client' SKU). This is settable through the project Properties page.
    Tim
    Sunday, November 22, 2009 11:19 PM
  • Yes, that's exactly what I needed to change.  Thank you, I'm not sure I would have figured that out on my own.
    Monday, November 23, 2009 2:46 PM